Group History

The first Scout Troop in the Ortons operated between 1913 and 1917 before falling into abeyance. The current group began as the “Open Group – St Peters Crew – 34th Peterborough” in 1939 meeting on Stone Lane in the city centre. In 1958 the Rover Crew became a group and moved to Bishops Road at the same time, where they met until 1977.
In 1977 the group moved to Orton Longueville and became the 2nd Nene – St Peters Air Scout Group in 1990.

During the 1980s and 1990s two other groups meeting in the Ortons merged into the group.


The previous HQ was opened by Alderman A.W Clements on 23 October 1971 and was located in Orton Longuiville village.